Thornbury Town Council is seeking a Volunteer Tree Warden
Thornbury Town Council is seeking a Volunteer Tree Warden to help in our mission to increase the number of trees on our land. We need someone who has solid knowledge and expertise in all things tree-related, as well as some spare time to devote to this worthy cause!
We need someone to work with our staff on the following:
- Planting new trees in agreed locations on Town Council land
- Monitoring newly planted trees
- Helping to recruit a small army of volunteers to water regularly newly planted trees
- Assisting with selecting suitable trees and other equipment needed for planting
- Assisting us with keeping records of all trees planted
- Promoting our memorial tree scheme
- Tree hugging and generally giving us the benefit of your tree wisdom on any tree-related issues!
This person would always work alongside our fabulous site team who will provide their full support and an extra pair of hands to do any heavy lifting involved.
If this is something you might be interested in, please do get in touch. We hope it will prove to be a very worthwhile experience, as you would be helping the town become a greener and even more pleasant place to live, as well as helping us do our bit towards tackling climate change.
All equipment will be provided and there are no set hours for this role.
For further information or to express an interest in this volunteer post, please email us (email@example.com), phone us (01454 412103) or pop into the Town Hall on the High Street.