From Wednesday 21st July, the Town Hall is open to the public. Covid 19 Updates
TOWN MEETING – THURSDAY 9 SEPTEMBER 2021, 7.30PM - 9.30PM (need to leave room by 10pm) INFORMATION ON HOW THE MEETING WILL BE RUN
- The meeting will take place between 7.30pm and 9.30pm (room must be cleared by 10pm) on Thursday 9 September 2021.
- The meeting has been called by electors and it is their meeting. As per the requirements of an electors meeting, Thornbury Town Council are facilitating the meeting on their behalf. It is not a Thornbury Town Council meeting. As the Chair of Council will be in attendance, she will Chair the meeting. (As per legislation for these meetings).
- Only electors can take part in any vote that is called for at the meeting. On arrival at the meeting, attendees will be asked to declare if they are electors and provide their details. They will then be issued with a card to be used during any votes.
- We have been advised that it is at the discretion of the chair as to whether to allow non-electors to attend the meeting and speak at the meeting. The chair is going to allow this. (However, the rules on voting are more strict – only electors can vote.)
- Speakers will be limited to five minutes (or less depending on how many indicate they wish to speak) in order to allow as many people as possible to speak in the time allotted for the meeting.
- Thornbury Town Councillors can attend the meeting and speak, but they will be doing so in a personal capacity. What they say will be their personal opinion and they are not representing the Council.