Mayor of Thornbury's Green Youth Awards
The Mayor of Thornbury’s Youth Awards are prestigious awards made by Thornbury Town Council. They give due recognition to the young people of the Town who give their own time and voluntary effort in supporting and assisting individuals, charities or projects. The 2021/22 green awards are focused on making a change which has a positive impact on the environment and climate.
There are two categories:
Along with a judging panel, the Town Mayor will evaluate the applications and a winner will be chosen from each category, with the overall winner being awarded the Mayor of Thornbury Youth Awards Shield.
Examples of things young people could be nominated for:
- Walking and cycling to reduce reliance on motor vehicles
- Eating and cooking sustainably
- Growing produce in a garden or allotment
- Helping with a community garden or project
- Building habitats for animals and insects
- Upcycling old materials
- Cleaning their local surroundings/litter picking
- Planting trees
- Engaging with the community on environmental matters – a blog/poster/video
Please see document below for full conditions of entry and a nomination form.
The entry deadline is Friday 8th May 2022. Forms can be emailed back to: email@example.com or posted to: Town Hall, High Street, Thornbury, Bristol, BS35 2AR