Grounds Maintenance Operative
Thornbury Town Council is responsible for 4 local play areas, a skate park, green spaces including the Mundy Playing Fields and the Chantry Playing Fields, and a well-maintained cemetery.
We are seeking a Grounds Maintenance Operative to join the existing team. The role involves assisting with general grounds maintenance works such as grass mowing, watering, weeding and working in the Cemetery. Additionally, the Grounds Maintenance team are responsible for keeping our facilities free from litter, keeping changing rooms and toilets clean and inspecting our play parks to ensure they remain safe for users.
You will be joining a friendly and busy team, that we are incredibly proud of. The work is varied and rewarding. You will work with, and receive training on the use of, a wide range of equipment and machinery. You will be contributing to the local community of Thornbury, keeping it a great place to live and work.
- Current salary range: £20,044 – £22,571 depending on experience
- Generous local government pension scheme, training and uniform
- 37 hours a week with some weekend working. 1pm finish on a Friday!
- 30 days holiday per annum
- Permanent contract with 12 month probationary period
- Driving licence essential, or alternatively an undertaking to obtain within one year. The Town Council may fund £500 towards the cost of driving lessons.
Closing date for applications:
12.00 midnight on Sunday 5 July 2022
Interviews will be held week commencing 13 July 2022
Please complete the application form below addressing the requirements of the job specification: