From Wednesday 21st July, the Town Hall is open to the public. Covid 19 Updates
We are very lucky to have a number of wonderful paths around Thornbury that allow us to get out in the countryside for our daily exercise. The recent poor weather and increased use of the footpaths has lead to many problems which you may have seen reported in the national news. We encourage walkers to follow the advice given here by South Gloucestershire Council to help keep Thornbury’s paths safe, protect farmers’ livelihoods, animal welfare and users’ safety.
- Stick to the paths, even if they’re muddy
- Keep your dog under control at all times and put it on the lead if there’s livestock near by
- Pick up your dog’s poo and put it in the bin when you get home (not in a bush or on a tree) – leaving it could make animals sick and damage crops.
- If you open a gate, close it behind you
- Don’t approach or feed horses, sheep or cows
- Take care not to drop litter – it is dangerous for livestock, wildlife and pets